Viva Las Vegas - A week away from the RV 2/12/19


After 6 cold days and 5 bright nights in Las Vegas I am back in Kentucky. But, not for long! In less than 24 hours myself and my youngest sister depart for our next adventure. She will be joining me for the next 30 days on the road in the RV. She is so excited she has already decorated 'her room' in the RV. Which is the bed above the drivers seat. Photos to come! We will make the 1,300 mile drive out West to visit Arizona, Utah, Texas, California, New Mexico, and who knows where else! 

When I meet strangers on the road that are not RVers or full-time travelers the number one question I get is...Do you like it? Actually, now that I am thinking about it that is not the top burning question. The top question usually sounds like, 'Why? What do you do for work? How old are you anyways? Arn't you scared? Don't you get lonely? With two dogs?! What do you do all day?' Then, AFTER I explain and tell them my story they ask,' So, now that you've been on the road do you like it? Is it what you thought it would be?' 

Now that I have had a small break away from the RV, small space, big dogs, dump tank, open air, big trees, sand hills, national parks, silence, and stars I can say that I can't wait to get back! It is a different life style that has its challenges and frustrations. There are a lot of unknowns and things to learn...every day. You never get a break from that. Some mornings you just want to get up and wake up slowly but that doesn't always happen and that is okay. Especially with 2 big dogs that have to pee as soon as their eyes open. I am looking forward to driving the RV to some place dry and warm, opening all the windows, sweeping my little floor, airing out the dog blankets, and then laying in the sun with the dogs. Drinking my coffee in the sand, listening to the birds sing, and watching lizard climb on rocks. 

I very much enjoyed my time on the Las Vegas strip and time with my family which included my middle sister, mom, and step dad. My mom worked very hard at planing this trip from the rental car to hotels to shows to relaxing. And it was very much appreciated! The lights, old neon signs, glitz, and glamour are just stunning! It is definitely a fun city to dress up in and pretend like you are someone else. Which I did one night with my 'Cher' wig! Pictures below! 

I will say that this may be one of my last vacations/trips to the Las Vegas strip. Why you ask? I think it is because of the stage of life I am currently in. As humans we change, modify, evolve, or whatever word you would like to use. Sometimes, we repeat a stage of life or stay in a stage for a very long time. Now that I have made the decision to change my life style my tastes and idea of happiness has also changed. I don't see this as a good or bad thing but just a fact. I also don't see Las Vegas as a good or bad thing, I do want to make that clear. It is a place that doesn't currently get my blood pumping, imagination running, or heart racing. As you walk around Vegas you realize that it is all a big show. It is a show trying to sell you 'The Life.' Want to look like a supermodel, party like a rapper, eat like a mogul, and travel like a self made billionaire? You can do it all here! Just spend $100 to get into this club, buy this $400 outfit, fix your eyebrows and lips, eat the best steak here, rent this limousine, take photos with these pretty girls, post this on Instagram, oh and carry this designer purse. I will say the advertising and marketing is genius. Why is every one in the city carrying a M&M bag? Why is everyone here carrying multiple shopping bags? Plus, a Eiffel Tower 80 oz drink around their neck? Like, what do you need to buy in Vegas? Everything is uncharged by 30%. How are you going to get it home? Do you even have somewhere to put it when you get home? Do you need it? 

I don't know what I am trying to say here, or I do know what I am trying to say but I am unable to get the correct words out. It just feels like in Vegas it is hard to keep up with everyone else. When in reality all anyone else is trying to do is keep up with EVERYONE ELSE. We are all buying things, spending money, taking photos, eating less, wearing less, drinking more, gambling more just to show we are someone. Someone important and valuable. But, is that what makes us valuable as humans? Name brands, big lips, couture purses, and pool parties? I don't think it is what makes us valuable as humans but I think those things all do make us feel better about ourselves. When we are in that stage of our lives. I do know for me that it is exhausting to try and keep up and expensive and ultimately it still doesn't fill any kind of emptiness inside off me. After all, we are just humans and it is only natural for us to want to try to fit in or keep up. And that is okay but my hope is that we all find our stage in life that truly makes us happy. A life that is simple, kind, thoughtful, and full.

For now I am going to enjoy living a slower life in a forrest or down by the river with my trail mix and dogs. My tiny living space with outdoor showers, sand in my shoes, and early sun rises. At least during this stage of my life. 



















You can tell I'm a little sick here but the food was too pretty not to take a picture! 










We met one of our very best friends Arty on the road! 



Comments

Popular Posts