Week 5 & 6 Update and a Travel Announcement! 4/29/20


Our view while boondocking in Quartzsite
We're back for weeks 5 & 6! Woo Hoo! Yes, I know I missed last week but I was lacking some motivation and exciting things to write about. But, this week I have an announcement.

This week and last week have been emotional ups and downs. Which I know we are all going through especially those of us who are not working and have more 'thinking' time on our hands. The COVID-19 situation has not improved here in Casa Grande. We only leave the house to visit the grocery store and to grab take out once a week. Other than my exciting field trips out into the world my day consist of sleeping in, walking Charlie or working out, searching/applying for jobs, scrolling through LinkedIn, scrolling through Instagram, taking a nap, thinking about dinner, eating dinner, sitting by the pool, watching Grace & Frankie, and then falling back asleep. Exotic, right?

One of our daily activities, dragging Charlie in the pool. It's over 100 degrees here! 
Last weekend we did do something a little different! We had to pick up some RV supplies close to Quartzsite, AZ and decided to boondock for 2 nights. This was a much needed distraction from our current norm. And it was still cool enough to be camping out in the desert without air conditioning. This was Charlie's first time boondocking without Chibi and she did great. She got to go on a Jeep ride, walked a mile up to an abandoned mine (without her leash), crossed state lines into California to help us grab dinner, and slept under the stars. I am sure some of your are wondering if we knew there was a pandemic going on and a that there is still a stay at home order in place. And yes, we knew this.  We came in contact with no one while boondocking, ordered take out over the phone, washed our hands, and all that jazz.

The mine at our boondocking spot last weekend
When we returned from boondocking it was back to business. In 10 days I applied for 10 jobs. I heard back from two of them. One job was with AIL which is a life insurance company...or a company that sales you life insurance, or a union...I have no clue. And the more I looked into this company the more confused I got. I applied for a customer service representative position that looked to be legit. I even received a phone call from a real person and had a great conversation...about the customer service representative role. Then, it all went bad. Come to find out, after I got a little excited and thought the company reached out to me because of my experience and professional resume I found out I was completely wrong. The position is actually a Sales position as a contractor for the company. And 'representatives' would be reaching out to people "cold calling" and pressuring people to purchase life insurance plans. So, that was a bummer and a waste of time. Since I watched the companies Zoom overview and declined them they have texted me 4 times and called me once. This situation is not a big deal but it is an ego bruiser because it gives you hope and then you realize you were apart of a cattle call. My second phone call was from a recruiter at Kelly Services which is a temp agency that helps you get employed. This happened 6 days ago. I applied for a HR position in Marion, NC. After I applied for this position I e-mailed the recruiting to inquire about a virtual option. Hey, you don't know unless you ask! She actually responded through e-mail and then called me. This made me feel TERRIFIC last Friday. Like TERRIFIC!

My office...Where I apply for jobs...eat breakfast...distract Gregory...and take naps
Lately, I've just been feeling like I'm on an island. All alone. Every day I spend time applying for jobs and every day I hear nothing. It's like all my information falls into a black hole. Then, I wonder if my information is actually falling into a black hole or maybe I'm just not good enough for any job that is out there. Sometimes I wonder if I made a big mistake by leaving my previous company. Did I throw away the only job or career that would be worth having? And of course, the thoughts go on and on. I have to physically get up and move my body to get my mind from going into a spiral. Anyone else do this? I have to remember this is a process, I have to remember that I am worthy, I have to remember the right job is out there, and I have to start thinking outside of the box. It will happen...at least that is what everyone keeps saying. Just keep your fingers crossed that I get an interview for the HR position  in NC. :)

Now, time for a little fun announcement...drum rollllllll.

Gregory, Charlie, and I will be leaving Arizona on Friday May 1st! So, just two days! Ugh I am so excited. Can you guess where we are heading? Of course you can! Kentucky! We will take 7 to 8 days to caravan over 1,800 miles...with both RVs. Once we arrive in Kentucky we will park Gregory's RV in my Dad's driveway and park mine in my Mother's driveway. (Thank you to both of them) Dad's driveway is big enough for Gregory's 40ft Class A tour bus, thank goodness! Plus, we can hook up to the house and wifi so Gregory can keep working...and it's pretty close to FREE! I can't wait to see Madre and John Thomas. haha and of course my seesterssss! The plan is to stay parked in Kentucky for at least a month and maybe longer. Depending how long the lock down last. There is really no reason to get on the road when everything is closed. But, I will also acknowledge that we both get antsy and a little grumpy when we have to stay stationary over a month. We got in this lifestyle to MOVE! Not to sit in family members driveways. (Whom we love and are grateful for!) But, you get the point! See the map below to check out our route! You can also keep up with me on my Facebook group 'Keeping up with Cara Ostara' and on Instagram @Caraostara.

I'd love to see some of you when we arrive in Kentucky! (As long as we follow social distancing rules ;) )






Comments

Popular Posts