Hello Frustration! 1/27/19

FYI: This photo is a photo of me...towards the end of the day! 
Todays word of the day was: Frustration.
Or
Charlie better pray we get to this camp site before I decide that I have had enough. 
Something happened this morning. I actually woke up in a bad mood. I don't think I really know why I woke up like this. Then actually as I think of it...here are some reasons I feel that I may have woke up less than pleasant. 
  • There were 2 'nonstandard' RV's that spent the night at the state park last night. It creeped me out. One was a blue car with a 20 something hairy guy living out of it. (He seemed nice after we talked.) The other was a box truck that had 2 different men switch in and out of it for 2 nights. Because of this I was weary and cautious...like who pays $20 to spend a night in a state park in a box truck? Where are you sleeping? So, I kept the outdoor light on all night. 
  • I barely slept. 
  • Charlie got in and out of bed twice because she 'heard things.' Of course this was the night she chose to sleep with me. I felt that she did this because she thought something weird was going on also. (with the other vehicles) 
  • Chibi pooped in her bed (remember she's 10) and then proceeded to jump on the kitchen floor and continue to poop while Charlie stomped around the poop and made her nervous. This was all in the dark so I was completely Bird Boxing it (watch the movie) and going by smell alone until I could find a light.
  • I have had constants the past 6 nights and now I have to get back on the road for 5 days and my surroundings, people, and situations are changing all over.

Around comes 6:15 AM and I am ready to kill both of them and get on the road. So, I actively get up and guess what. (I am thankful yet I am upset) The lights will barely turn on in the RV! Remember, it is early so the sun will not come up for another 45 minutes. I am like, 'what the heck is going on?' Well, the battery in the truck was almost dead! I did freak out for like 45 seconds and then I said, 'Be grateful the batteries did not die completely!" I did run the RV with out hook ups for 3 days and 2 nights. I also left lights on all night due to me being scared! Insert eye roll. Well, the truck actually started and we were on our way. Map below. 

The plan on this beautiful Sunday was to drive 398 Miles to Grants, NM. The awesome thing, which I am proud of is that I got to Grants, NM and decided to keep driving! Now, I know the map above says 7 hrs and 18 minutes but it was more like 9 hours after stopping 3 times and going 65 MPH instead of the posted 75 MPH. 
And can I just say...most people have not been friendly on the road. I have met 3 nice people, that were complete strangers. Other than that they have been crusty snow birds that are unhappy about everything. 

That rant was brought to you by the older lady in the laundromat at the RV  'resort' I am staying at tonight. I was suppose to stay at a free campsite tonight with no hook ups but to be honest when I almost ran out of juice this morning I got nervous and decided I wanted power tonight...and wifi...if I am being honest. Anywho...I have paid $2.75 to wash the dogs little bed cover and pillow case here at the 'resort.' I keep using quotations because I also stopped here for the heated pool and hot tub. Just to give you a picture the heated pool it is 'closed for the season' and green. The hot tub is in a green house. See below. 
Listen I paid $45 to be here tonight...you better believe I am using this green house hot tub, laundromat, and wifi! And my dogs are shitting in the dog park. #yolo

After 400 miles in a RV your mind gets a little cookoo (is that how you spell that?) In the spirit of not keeping you up all night or keeping you unproductive in your job I will list some events out. 
  • First 100 miles was up and down mountains. Used a whole tank of gas at $2.45 a gallon. 
  • Stopped at 'Indian' store? Pictures below. They were kind of nice. Two older ladies...I bought some feather decorations to go around the rear view mirror. Which I use to spy on the dogs.
  • Chibi snapped at Charlie because Charlie was being an Asshole...it's fine, she admitted it also. 
  • Chibi pooped in her sleep...in the middle of the day...in bed. Then slept on the poop (which I didn't realize...I just thought someone farted) 
  • At the Native American store I turned on the generator so I could use the microwave and warm up my delicious burritos that a best friends mom made for me. I cooked the burritos and then sat down in the drivers seat so I could eat them and the dip and chips she packed me. I had it all set up...it was beautiful! 2 minutes into eating my delicious Mexican free lunch Chibi jumps up out of bed faster than I have ever seen her move and shits as she is jumping out of bed and into the kitchen. Charlie also jumps up in the panic and prances around because she thinks something is trying to hurt us...(that is where her brain always is.) At this point the kitchen floor is about 5 sq ft because I do not have the extension out and Chibi is just shitting, Charlie is barking, and I am trying to swallow a cheese and bean burrito. 
  • I jumped out of the drivers seat, around the front of the truck, and then back into the truck from the man door to get them both outside before they stomp through the poop and track it all over the RV. At this point neither of them are on leashes. And guess what...a dog goes by! 
  • Charlie tries to take off, Chibi is just ashamed at this point, and I am almost ready to let them both go play in the street. 
  • Somehow I manage to get leashes on both of them and Charlies squirt water bottle. I get them under control and put them both back in the RV...due to the dog antagonizing them. Eye Roll...
  • You can imagine my frustration as I pick up a horse mound of poop off the kitchen floor and then turn to see Charlie swallowing half of my burrito and then licking my dip!!!

I lost my mind

Lets just say that after that little incident Charlie did not get off her bed or open her eyes in my direction until 3 hours later when we arrived at our campsite. For me...it was a blissful quiet 3 hours that I needed. For them...they both knew they were in trouble and just kept to themselves. Which to be completely honest made me feel just a little bad but not really...she ate my authentic Mexican burrito and dip! And you don't mess with my food...especially after you shit in my kitchen! 

Long story long. We made it to our camp site and we are friends again. I needed to decompress in the green house hot tub, clean their poop blankets, and pray. They are doing gosh knows what in the RV without me. This is just one of those days that wasn't on 'Easy Street.' But, with each of these days I get stronger, I learn, and I grow. Today was a test and I would like to say that I passed because we were all rewarded with a safe healthy night on this planet! I am grateful for my life, the girls, my health, the RV getting us here this hot tub, and this bottle of wine. ;) Enjoy our view! 






Comments

Popular Posts