Time Line & To Do List 10/16/18


This photo was taken in California along the PCH between Vandenburg Air Force base and Pismo Beach. This was my first and only time visiting my sister while she was based in VAF. This was a magical drive, I just remember hanging my head and right arm out the window and smiling.

This will be a living breathing document...as they would say in the professional world. In my new world this is my...I hope I am doing the right thing plan. After speaking with my Financial Advisor and Therapist, who I would like to refer to as my Life Coach and a new friend I have picked a 'D Day.' That is hard to type. It is hard to type that, ' I have made a decision. I am taking control of my life. I am creating a plan and giving myself grace during the next 365 days. I will not look at set backs as mistakes but as learning opportunities and I will welcome all adventures with a open mind.' That should be my mission statement. Ha! Let's get back on track. My Financial Advisor wants my D Date to be November 16, 2018. Why? My last large vest of stocks is November 15, 2018. In his eyes I am not gaining anything by staying through peak, especially because November and December can be the most stressful times of the year for leaders or anyone at Amazon. I am not gaining anything by staying through peak. That is not my style, to leave people in the heat of the battle. I have given 10 years to the teams I have worked for and the people I have serviced. I haven't given the past 10 years to a company. The company, and brand of Amazon is not why I have stayed this long. The relationships, the individual faces and humans, the way I am able to positively effect others...that is why I have stayed. My Life Coach wants me to leave before the new year. We all have at least 1 thing in common. We are afraid that if I do not do this change soon that I will be in the same position in a year, in 10 years, and then when I am 48. It is now or never. Honestly, this all works out when you look at it. I have just decided that my D Day is November 30th.

I am 28 - my financial advisor started a new career at 28. His assistant left her job and started school in college at 28....we all had a 'quarter life crisis.'

November 30th is on a Friday...so I finish out the week at work. Ha! That's a silly reason. Right now my Life Coach would say, 'why is that a silly reason? It was meant to be. Don't place judgement on your decisions.' And to that I say, 'Thank you!'

It gives me 45 days.

It is half way through peak. Just in time to escape the winter in Louisville, KY. Which isn't a winter...it's like a miserable gloomy cloud that reminds you that the next 4 months are going to be wet, dark, and you're still going to have to make it to work some how in the ice and sleet. Okay, so that went to a dark place I didn't realize I was headed towards but obviously I needed to get that out. So, thanks for baring with me.

There was another reason and now I have forgotten it. It'll hit me and I'll come back and update this. We need to move on to the important stuff and I am just delaying at this point. I am delaying because this is actually becoming a reality. This has been a fantasy for so long I just thought it would always be a fantasy. Then, after dreaming of my fantasy on my way to work I would just tuck it in the glove department and leave it there until I finished my 12 hour day. I would then get back in the car, get my fantasy out of the glove department, and play with it for 30 minutes until I got home. That was it. Now is different. I have committed to my Financial Advisor and Life Coach that I am doing this. And more importantly I have committed to my self that I am making this life change.

November 30th.


  • What do I need to do? 
    • Purge my home - I need to get rid of everything but photos, magnets, technology, basic clothing, camera equipment, etc. 
    • Sell the following 
      • 2 Couches, 3 TV's, 2 Dressers, 2 knight stands, 3 rocking chairs, 1 kitchen table & chairs, decorations, mower, 2 closets of clothes, 20 pairs of shoes, a Christmas tree, trinkets, etc. 
    • Sell my Nissan Maxima because it isn't going to pull a a small camper. Sell my Escape because it's worth $1,000 and it's not going to get my future living quarters far. 
    • Sell my home. 
  • What do I need in the next chapter of my life? 
    • A affordable paid for vehicle that can pull a small camper. 
    • A small camper or living quarters. 
    • Health Insurance
    • A financial plan of either - 
      • What do I need financially to live off of per month - or- 
      • What do my finances look like on day 366? 

Comments

Popular Posts