A day of accomplishment 12/19/18

Today has been a day of marking items off of the To-Do List! Well, almost every day is a day of completing tasks but today's task were things I have been delaying...I have recognized that I like to keep my head buried in the sand. For example, I hate looking at my bank account online. I couldn't even start to tell you why. I am not afraid that I do not have money...I am afraid to see how much money I have spent. It's almost irrational, like I am afraid of the facts. Let's be real with my self for a second...I swipe my card so frequently it is amazing it hasn't fallen apart. I know this is a reality but I don't want to look at my account and admit that already...this month, I have spent $379 on Restaurants. Insert eye brow raise here and judgmental look towards self. I just love food. Here is the positive, I had $300 budgeted for Groceries in the month of December and I have spent $19.60 to date. Insert hilarious snorting laugh here. My refrigerator has lime juice, milk (most likely expired), crusty salsa, a loaf of bread, 4 jars of open jelly, and shredded cheese in it right now. I have more dog food than I have human food in my house. Does alcohol count as food? I also probably have more liquor than food. Sigh. I'm just going to own it for now. What I do need to own AND CHANGE is shoving my head in the sand when I really need to stand up tall and face the truth. Why does the truth have to be a bad thing? It doesn't but I try to make it a bad thing.


My goal in 2019 is that I will accept facts as they are and then create a plan to address the facts. 
Side Note: Without emotion! 

Just writing that makes my stomach tighten up a little bit. Insert cringe face here. Okay so, look at photos below for more pages of 'To Do' items. 


This is how I keep myself organized. I scribble notes all over different pages in a huge journal, mark things out, doodle, attempt to math, etc. To the untrained eye this may look like chaos but to me this is a masterpiece...until a week from now when I totally forget what any of these numbers are for and then I have to guess and start all over. 

What you are witnessing in the 3 photos above is me attempting to gain control of my bank account and ensure it is inline with the budget I created in November on an Excel file. I am pleased to say it only took me 3 hours at a coffee shop to take control of my bank account after not looking at it for 20 days. Please give me a moment to look away from my computer in embarrassment as I admit this to self and to anyone that reads this. Is there anyone else out there that is like this? 

Is it harder for your to swipe your debit card or hand over cash?

Watching my cash leave my hands is much harder than just swiping my piece of plastic and knowing all the 'dirty work' is done behind the scenes. Guess what? You can't really do that when you are not making any money. On Friday the 14th I received my last check from Amazon. Which was short because I did not work those full 2 weeks. So that was an interesting feeling. I'll just leave that alone. I am now in the place were money has stopped coming in and it is very much so flowing out. Like, 'cry me a river' flowing out...all over the place. For transparencies sake lets play a little game. Insert the dolls face from Saw here. Sidenote: I just love typing in these little 'insert here' comments. Am I the only one that laughs at them or makes the faces as I am typing? If so, just humor me. Any who this is what my budget looks like for December so far. 


December
PlanSpentRemaining
Propane$ 50.00 $ - $ 50.00 
Pets$ 150.00 $ 124.30 $ 25.70 
Miscellanious$ 150.00 $ 132.50 $ 17.50 
Car$ 100.00 $ 264.84 $ (164.84)
Water$ 150.00 $ 131.00 $ 19.00 
LGE$ 150.00 $ 155.39 $ (5.39)
House Payment$ 880.00 $ 863.40 $ 16.60 
Cell Phone$ 200.00 $ 161.64 $ 38.36 
Gas$ 400.00 $ 101.40 $ 298.60 
Groceries$ 300.00 $ 19.60 $ 280.40 
Resturants/Liquior$ 300.00 $ 379.54 $ (79.54)
Entertainment$ 400.00 $ 253.92 $ 146.08 
Camp$ 480.00 $ - $ 480.00 
Doctors$ 100.00 $ 30.32 $ 69.68 
Memberships$ 100.00 $ 21.25 $ 78.75 
Total$ 3,910.00 $ 2,639.10 $ 1,270.90 


That's a lot of money! And I still have some Christmas presents to buy...ssshhh. Yeah, I am slacking but I am also not purchasing as much this year for everyone. 1. I no longer have an income. 2. Because of my transition of minimizing I am helping everyone else minimize their material things. Madre, you are welcome in advance. Insert smiling crying face. Because, I know she is not smiling right now. But, why do we need to continue to fill up our homes with items that we will collect dust on later? We don't use 3/4's of the items we have now but it makes us 'feel better' to have them. I am the same! No judgement! But, what if for each of those material things we collected something else? Like a memory or experience, or put that money in savings to help fund our next adventure? Can you really wear 47 earrings at once? For the small minority possibly so...but I do not know of anyone in my current life that can do this. And I mention earrings because I collected that many...or more. No Judgement self! Okay, enough of that! We all know we are getting less for Christmas this year! That is a weight off of my shoulders. Let's see what else I accomplished this week!
 
⇝Transferred RV Insurance and Car Insurance to Good Sam's Club which saved me over $600 this year! Insurance for 1 year for the 2013 Thor and 2010 Maxima is $1,357.53
⇝Had contractors fix items on the house on Tuesday. Estimating it will cost me around $1,400. Looking to close on the house on or around 1/7/18.
⇝Started the process to transfer my cell phone to my Madres account (should be cheaper) and canceled my home wifi.
⇝Took care of some medical stuff. At some point I will write about my experience with C-diff, ovarian cysts, and other fun medical things. I'm sure you can't wait! But, gut and 'lady parts' health is important! It can also be some of the most uncomfortable and miserable experiences when you aren't healthy there...I feel ya ladies! 
⇝Gave the dogs a bath which is a daunting tasks. Also, washed all of their blankets...if you have never attempted to wash, dry, and clean bedding from 2 Great Danes then you haven't fully enjoyed pet ownership yet.
⇝ Kept the RV for 2 days and drove only her! In the dark, on the highway, on the backroads, in rush hour traffic, through tree branches, and over the hill to grandmas house we go. I attempted to level her twice. Per the automatic level I did not succeed but per my manual level and my eye I was very successful so nah nah nah nah. I installed (peal and stick) tile to the kitchen, made the bed, and had both dogs spend some time in her. 
⇝Had fun at my 'going away & we wish you the best party!' Tons of family and friends came to Ken Bowl and celebrated my new journey with me. I truly enjoyed every single persons kind words, hugs, and wishes. I couldn't ask for a better support system! 

At this point I have been sitting at Sunergos Coffee in the Beechmont neighborhood for 4.5 hours. It is almost impossible for me to complete my 'to do' items at the house because I will either fold laundry, sweep floors, take a nap, or scroll through Instagram...for hours and get nothing done! I think  when I get out in public I know I have to be productive because 'everyone is watching' -eye roll- no one cares. But, I tell myself that to keep myself motivated and to keep myself from sticking my head back in the sand and hiding from the facts...which aren't so bad after you say Hello to them and introduce yourself! Do that...the next time you pass someone or sit next to them. You will be amazed at how you feel afterwards. 

Thanks for listening, Cara Ostara* 




Comments

Popular Posts